[MARMAM] Keep On Gramping 2 Workshop

Nicola Hodgins nicola.hodgins at whales.org
Mon Sep 2 01:26:40 PDT 2019

'Keep On Gramping 2'

Calling all of those interested in Risso's dolphins. Nova Atlantis and WDC are hosting a Risso's dolphin workshop at the World Marine Mammal Conference in Barcelona and invite anyone with an interest to sign-up and come along!

The workshop is intended to be relatively small, to allow for discussion, and will be held in the Centre de Convencions Internacional de Barcelona from 1.30pm - 5.30pm on the 7th December 2019.

Background to the Workshop
Following on from our 'Keep on Gramping' workshop held in 2012 at the 26th ECS Conference in Galway, 'Keep on Gramping 2' aims to bring together Risso's researchers from around the world to find out what we've collectively learnt over the past seven years and to ultimately help further our knowledge and understanding of this little-known and lesser-studied species. We want to share new breakthroughs, new discoveries and old allegiances, and for the workshop to be a driving force in understanding how this charismatic species are faring in a changing world. We're looking to showcase a series of presentations focusing on different areas of Risso's dolphin research, from their social structure and their genetic make-up, their health status and their habitat use to effective conservation and management measures. This will be followed by an interactive discussion as to how we can help each other get the most out of our study subjects and ensure we are striving to do the best we can to ensure the future conservation of Risso's dolphins around the world.

The anticipated outcome is for a 'Special Conference Proceedings' publication, and although the Workshop will predominantly be directed towards all scientists and conservationists, either researching or working to protect Risso's dolphins throughout their range, we anticipate that our species-specific focus will be of interest and use to a wide diversity of people.

Please feel free to email us if you have any questions or are interested in showcasing your own Risso's research - oceanwatch at gmail.com<mailto:oceanwatch at gmail.com>  / nicola.hodgins at whales.org<mailto:nicola.hodgins at whales.org> and we hope to see you in Barcelona!

Nicola Hodgins

Telephone: +44 (0)1249 449 537

WDC, Whale and Dolphin Conservation
Brookfield House
38 St Paul Street
Chippenham
Wiltshire
SN15 1LJ
United Kingdom
whales.org<http://whales.org>

[WDC - Protecting Whales and Dolphins for over 30 years]<https://whales.org/>

[WDC on Facebook]<https://www.facebook.com/whalesorg> [WDC on Twitter] <https://www.twitter.com/whalesorg>  [WDC on Instagram] <https://www.instagram.com/whalesorg>  [WDC on YouTube] <https://www.youtube.com/whalesorg>  [WDC News and Blogs] <https://uk.whales.org/category/news/>  [WDC E-Newsletter] <https://uk.whales.org/newsletter/>            [Registered with Fundraising Regulator] <https://www.fundraisingregulator.org.uk/>

[https://secure.whales.org/secure/images/ESM/CampaignImages/UK/UKNZExtinction.png]<https://uk.whales.org/our-4-goals/prevent-deaths-in-nets/sign-the-petition-save-new-zealand-dolphins-from-extinction/>

Whale and Dolphin Conservation ("WDC") is a company registered in England and Wales (No. 02737421) and a registered charity (in England and Wales No. 1014705, in Scotland No. SC040231)
WDC Shop is a trading name of WDC (Trading) Ltd, a company registered in England and Wales (No. 02593116)
Registered office : Brookfield House, 38 St. Paul Street, Chippenham, Wiltshire, SN15 1LJ.  Tel: +44 (0)1249 449 500
This message is private and confidential.  If you have received this message in error, please notify us and remove it from your system.