[MARMAM] Protected Species Observer and Migratory Bird Monitor Positions

Maxx Van Waeyenberghe maxxvanw at gmail.com
Thu Oct 24 11:13:48 PDT 2019

Dear All,

Vantage Observing, LLC is seeking experienced National Marine Fisheries Service approved PSO’s, and Migratory Bird Monitors for ongoing and upcoming dredging, and marine construction projects. Candidates with previous Hopper Dredging, Clamshell Dredging, and Pile Driving experience are preferred.

We have immediate openings available aboard hopper dredges as well as upcoming long term Manatee observing positions aboard clamshell dredges/pile driving barges.

We are also seeking candidates with Migratory Bird Monitoring experience to join our team for a long term migratory bird abatement contract. Vantage Observing provides a professional work environment with highly competitive compensation, and flexible scheduling.

Requirements:
Bachelor’s Degree in Marine Biology or related field.
2 Years of protected species observing experience during dredging, or marine construction projects.
Previous experience monitoring for Sea Turtles, Sturgeon, Manatees, and Whales.
2 years of migratory bird monitoring experience.
Previous experience in bird abatement and techniques.
Excellent communication and report writing skills.
Work independently and in a team environment.
Work outdoors in the elements for long periods of time.

For more information or to submit your resume email VantageObserving at gmail.com

Best Regards,
Maxx Van Waeyenberghe
Vantage Observing, LLC