[MARMAM] Seeking PAM Operators for October 12th Deployment
kathrynr at aisobservers.com
Wed Oct 9 15:22:22 PDT 2019
A.I.S. Inc. is seeking Passive Acoustic Monitoring (PAM) operators for a project mobilizing out of New Bedford, MA on September 12th, 2019. The suitable candidate will deploy aboard a geo-survey vessel and remain on board for 4 weeks. During the project, PAM Operators are responsible for listening and maintain constant watch for marine mammals using passive acoustic monitoring equipment and software. Any detections of marine mammals are documented on project specific logs. Project activity, times, location, and environmental conditions are also documented. PAM Operators are responsible for notifying appropriate personnel if protected species are detected approaching or within harmful range of sound producing equipment and calling for mitigation measures outlined in the project specific planning documents.
* At least one year of experience identifying marine animals using passive acoustic monitoring equipment and software;
* At least one year experience working on offshore survey vessel;
* Ability to vigilantly monitor for acoustic detections of marine mammals around observation platform/vessel for up to 4 hours at a time and not more than 12 hours in a 24 hour period;
* Must be approved by the National Marine Fisheries as a PSO in the G&G industry;
* Must be certified by a physician as fit for sea duty including;
* Must have a valid offshore safety training certificate;
* Acustomed to working during nightime hours;
* Ability to clearly and consicely describe protected species detection events and relay information to on site manager;
* Familiar with operation, deployment and troubleshooting PAM equipment;
* Professional, personable and positive!
A.I.S. Inc. offers a competitive salary, in addition to compensating for travel to and from the port of deployment.
Please submit a resume, a cover letter detailing your PSO experience, 3 professional references (name, e-mail address and phone number), and any applicable credentials/certificates to kathrynr at aisobservers.com
Protected Species Program Manager
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the MARMAM