[MARMAM] Interactive introductory online distance sampling training 04-15 November 2019

Eric Rexstad er26 at st-andrews.ac.uk
Wed Oct 2 03:40:07 PDT 2019

    Interactive introductory distance sampling training

The University of St Andrews has been training people in design and
analysis of distance sampling studies for decades.  Perhaps you've
wanted to attend but could not get permission for travel to Scotland or
the scheduling of workshops in August conflicted with your field work.😞

We are offering the training workshop in 10 two-hour blocks in early
November.  You will be invited to interact in short lectures on distance
sampling principles. 👩‍🎓 Exercises analysing data sets in R will
reinforce those principles and the lecturer will be available to assist
during the practical session via screen sharing.  The block will
conclude with a summary of the exercise and question/answer session for
both lecture and exercise. 💻

The workshop will be delivered using Zoom web conferencing software
along with R-Studio "in the cloud"☁️; both free software tools.  You
will need no-cost accounts for both pieces of software. I encourage you
to experiment with Zoom (at https://zoom.us) and https://rstudio.cloud
before the course begins.

      Important details:

  * Workshop dates and time: 04 - 15 November 2019
      o 1800-2000 UK time (1300-1500 EST, 1000-1200 PST, 0900-1100AKST) 🕰️
  * Registration deadline: *28 October 2019*📅
  * Enrolment limit: 10 (so everybody can get attention they desire)
  * Cost: 170 British pounds (roughly $205 at current exchange rates)💵
  * What is included: Lectures, exercises, code, data all available online📃

Further details are available at the CREEM website:

https://www.creem.st-andrews.ac.uk/distance-live-online-workshops/

At this page you will find a link to the St Andrews online shop where
you register and make payment.

Feel free to contact me with questions.  We expect to offer this
training again in early 2020 if November timing does not suit you.
Future offerings may use the Distance for Windows software if there is
sufficient demand.  The interactive workshops do not replace
face-to-face distance sampling workshops that will be held in August 2020.

--

Eric Rexstad
Research Unit for Wildlife Population Assessment