[MARMAM] Presentations welcome at the student AGM during the WMMC in Barcelona

Rebecca Boys rebeccaboys at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 27 14:42:25 PST 2019

Dear marine mammal community,

At the upcoming World Marine Mammal Conference, the student committee will be organising a student AGM.
Part of the aim of this AGM is to give opportunities for currently available or upcoming positions for students, such as volunteering, internships, thesis projects, Masters and PhD projects.
We would like to invite any NGOs, companies and researchers that may have a position they wish to advertise to students to email us with a general description, including any compensation provided to students, such as accommodation or food.
We will then provide each of the accepted positions around 5 minutes to present to the student community. We will have time for approximately 8 different positions to be presented and hope to give an overview of opportunities in different areas of the world in line with the conferences global perspective.

Please contact us by Monday 2nd December midnight GMT+1 with details of the position and confirm that you will be attending the WMMC in person to present this.

Thank you,

WMMC student committee

Rebecca M Boys

Marine Biologist

PhD Candidate

Coastal Marine Research Group

Massey University New Zealand

https://www.coastalmarineresearchgroup.com/

https://www.massey.ac.nz/massey/explore/research/animal-veterinary/animal/marine/marine_home.cfm

@RebeccaMBoys

European Cetacean Society Student Representative- World Marine Mammal Conference

Society of Marine Mammalogy Education Committee Member

European Cetacean Society National Contact Person for New Zealand