[MARMAM] New publication: A survey of the oral cavity microbiome of New Zealand fur seal pups (Arctocephalus forsteri)

Arsalan Emami-Khoyi ekarsalan at gmail.com
Sun Nov 24 01:04:48 PST 2019

Dear Colleagues,

My co-authors and I are pleased to announce our new technical note:

* A survey of the oral cavity microbiome of New Zealand fur seal pups
(Arctocephalus forsteri)*

In this research, we established a healthy base-line for microbial
diversity in the oral cavity of New Zealand fur seal pups at one year of
age before complete weaning. Our pool sequencing methodology represents a
rapid and cost-effective method to monitor the health of pinniped colonies.

This article is available at:
https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/abs/10.1111/mms.12639

Regards

--
* "If something is true, no amount of wishful thinking will change it."   *
*Richard Dawkin*s

Arsalan Emami-Khoyi
Postdoctoral Research Fellow in Wildlife Genomics
University of Johannesburg_Center for Ecological Genomics and Wildlife
Conservation
Auckland Park 2006
South Africa
Email: Arsalane at uj.ac.za