[MARMAM] ANNOUNCEMENT: 2019 Responsible Whale Watching Guide Courses

Dylan Walker dylan at worldcetaceanalliance.org
Mon May 13 11:23:20 PDT 2019

Dear Marmamers,

This year the World Cetacean Alliance (WCA) is holding a number of
intensive 5-day training programmes to become a certified WCA Responsible
Whale Watching Guide.

This course
<http://worldcetaceanalliance.org/capacity-building/training-courses/> will
provide participants with the skills to be an engaging, fun and informative
guide promoting responsible whale watching. Through assessed activities and
interactive workshops our 5-day intensive course is designed to equip
participants with a wide variety to skills to educate the public, conduct
onboard research, and promote whale and dolphin conservation.

Our WCA Qualified Responsible Whale Watching Guides will enjoy FREE access
to our exclusive WCA community of whale watching businesses for a year,
through a newsletter containing volunteer opportunities with our amazing
Partners all over the world.

Modules include:

· Whale Champions module

· Be a responsible guide

· Citizen science

· Guide training

· Communication and presentation skills

· Creating an effective talk

· Creating an educational activity

· Practical activities, including boat work

· Final presentation/assessment

Course benefits:

· Lectures and training from seasoned professionals

· Individual WCA partner membership alongside some of the world’s experts
on whales and dolphins

· Option to get involved with Partner working groups

· Exclusive access to our whale watching community for a year, including
opportunities to apply for volunteer opportunities overseas with our
amazing Partners

· Certificate and t shirt

*Dates*

Monday 3rd - Friday 7th June (NZ)

Monday 1st to Friday 5th July (NZ)

Monday 15th July to Friday 19th July (UK)

Monday 5th August to Friday 9th August (NZ)

Monday 2nd to Friday 6th September (NZ)

Monday 7th to Friday 11th October (NZ)

Over 18's only.

*For more information go to: *

http://worldcetaceanalliance.org/capacity-building/training-courses/

or contact: projects at worldcetaceanalliance.org

*Dylan Walker *Chief Executive Officer

*World Cetacean Alliance*
Studio 3, Lower Promenade
Madeira Drive, Brighton, BN2 1ET, UK.
t: +44 (0) 1273 355011
c: +44 (0) 7900 471490
e: dylan at worldcetaceanalliance.org <sophie.lewis at worldcetaceanalliance.org>

World Whale Conference 2019 <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9RQClwulOi8>

The World Cetacean Alliance (WCA) is a Partnership of over 100
organisations and individuals in 40 countries worldwide working
collaboratively to protect cetaceans and their habitats. World Cetacean
Alliance, the Secretariat to the Partnership, is a UK registered Charity
no. 1160484.

The content of this e-mail is intended solely for the use of the individual
or entity to whom it is addressed. If you have received this communication
in error, be aware that forwarding it, copying it, or in any way disclosing
its content to any other person, is strictly prohibited. If you have
received this communication in error, please notify the author by replying
to this e-mail immediately.

Please consider the environment before printing this email or it's
attachments.