[MARMAM] several positions open at BOEM

Staaterman, Erica erica.staaterman at boem.gov
Mon May 13 13:26:29 PDT 2019

Several positions open for Social Scientists, Biologists, Oceanographers at
the Bureau of Ocean Energy Management

Join a talented team of scientists and policy experts that manage ocean
energy issues and ensure environmental protection.

The Bureau of Ocean Energy Management <http://www.boem.gov/>, within
the Department
of the Interior <http://www.doi.gov/>, manages billions of ocean acres of
the U.S. continental shelf. We play an extremely important stewardship role
– securing energy and minerals for our future, while ensuring that
exploration and development occurs in an environmentally-responsible way.
That role involves rigorous study and assessment of impacts to the
environment and vulnerable communities. Many of the challenges BOEM faces
relate to marine mammals - examining the potential impacts from habitat
disturbance, noise, vessel traffic, etc. We would welcome any marine mammal
experts to apply for this position, as your expertise would be put to good
use.

Location: D.C. Metro Area; flexible telework possible

Find out more and apply at
https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/532417100

Some duties of the position include:

   1. Prepare, review, and coordinate environmental and policy documents
   concerning potential impacts from Outer Continental Shelf activities;
   2. Evaluate environmental and socio-cultural issues and conduct analyses
   that integrate state-of-the-art methods, scientific information, legal
   requirements, and BOEM policies;
   3. Help develop and implement new procedures to improve environmental
   analyses;
   4. Recommend and assist in the planning and management of research
   necessary to adequately assess impacts from OCS activities;
   5. Support inter-agency coordination and environmental consultation
   required under various environmental laws and regulations; and,
   6. Represent the bureau or Department concerning environmental
   assessment or environmental issues.

--
*Erica Staaterman, PhD*
Bioacoustician