[MARMAM] VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITY: Cetacean Programme Assistant
dylan at worldcetaceanalliance.org
Thu May 2 05:29:34 PDT 2019
We would like to request applications for the role of Cetacean Programmes
Assistant (volunteer); 27 May – 26 July 2019.
The World Cetacean Alliance is looking for up to three volunteers to join a
busy and dynamic team working across WCAs current cetacean programmes.
Based at our Headquarters in Brighton, UK, successful candidates will
· Developing the programme for the 2019 World Whale Conference.
· Assessing applications for Whale Heritage Sites.
· Assisting with training course development.
· Promoting responsible whale watching certification.
· Networking and provision of information resources across the
· Expanding WCAs research programme.
The successful candidates will report directly to the CEO, receive in-situ
training, and work closely with colleagues at WCA Headquarters. The roles
are available from 27 May – 26 July 2019, and will take place at WCA
Headquarters, Brighton, United Kingdom. The WCA is unable to cover personal
1. Build relationships, and engage stakeholders and partners working
across WCAs programmes.
2. Encourage and support collaborations between experts, advisors, and
participants from within and outside the World CetaceanAlliance.
3. Develop and provide resources to assist WCA partners.
4. Communicate progress across the network through media, social media,
and direct communication.
5. Work alongside WCA staff to set strategy and guide current programmes.
6. Liaise with WCA staff to ensure coordinated planning, collaborative
work efforts, integrated programming and shared success towards agreed
1. Strong communication skills and ability to work as part of a
multidisciplinary team to advance the mission.
2. Experience and knowledge of cetaceans, whale watching, and marine
conservation issues preferred.
3. Highly organized and detail-oriented with a strong ability to
prioritize and deliver against responsibilities and duties.
4. Ability to thrive in a multi-tasking, high energy environment.
5. Ability to excite and engage stakeholders through meetings and
1. Degree or higher qualification.
2. Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to multitask.
3. A proven track record of communicating with different audiences.
1. Gain experience of marine conservation projects.
2. Learn about and network with WCAs 100 partners in 40 countries.
3. Gain insights in ecotourism practices and cetacean welfare issues.
4. Learn new skills and techniques to deliver collaborative projects.
5. Develop media and social media skills.
6. Build on your network of contacts for career development / research or
7. Gain insight into the activities of our local research and outreach
project - the Brighton Dolphin Project.
TO APPLY: Please send your C.V. and a cover letter to: Julie Jankowiak:
julie.jankowiak at worldcetaceanalliance.org
Applications must be sent in electronic form no later than Friday 17 May
For more information go to: http://worldcetaceanalliance.org/
*Dylan Walker *Chief Executive Officer
*World Cetacean Alliance*
Studio 3, Lower Promenade
Madeira Drive, Brighton, BN2 1ET, UK.
t: +44 (0) 1273 355011
c: +44 (0) 7900 471490
e: dylan at worldcetaceanalliance.org <sophie.lewis at worldcetaceanalliance.org>
World Whale Conference 2019 <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9RQClwulOi8>
The World Cetacean Alliance (WCA) is a Partnership of over 100
organisations and individuals in 40 countries worldwide working
collaboratively to protect cetaceans and their habitats. World Cetacean
Alliance, the Secretariat to the Partnership, is a UK registered Charity
The content of this e-mail is intended solely for the use of the individual
or entity to whom it is addressed. If you have received this communication
in error, be aware that forwarding it, copying it, or in any way disclosing
its content to any other person, is strictly prohibited. If you have
received this communication in error, please notify the author by replying
to this e-mail immediately.
Please consider the environment before printing this email or it's
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the MARMAM