[MARMAM] IBAC 2019 Conference abstract submission closes soon

IBAC2019 Conference ibac2019conference at gmail.com
Fri Mar 29 12:05:46 PDT 2019

IBAC 2019 CONFERENCE ABSTRACT SUBMISSION CLOSES SOON

There are just a few days left to submit your abstract for a poster or oral presentation at the 2019 IBAC conference at http://www.2019.ibac.info/abstracts <http://www.2019.ibac.info/abstracts>

SUBMISSION CLOSES 31 MARCH 2019

The International Bioacoustics Conference is turning 50 this year and we will celebrate in style. Join us in Brighton for our conference and enjoy our excellent line up of plenary speakers: Isabelle Charrier, Katharina Riebel, Greg Bryant, Peter Narins, and Arik Kershenbaum!

Isabelle Charrier focuses on marine bioacoustics, particularly mammals, and her plenary lecture will present her work on the vocal behaviour of a wide range of marine species.

We are also offering a symposium on Underwater acoustics: soundscapes across different scales, chaired by Frédéric Bertucci & Maria Clara P. Amorim. The symposium will review current aquatic and marine bioacoustics research, focusing on interactions between living organisms and between organisms and their environment in relation to the evolution of underwater ecosystems.

This will include a talk by Aran Mooney (Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution, USA) on Marine soundscapes relative to hearing sensitivity in marine mammals.

There will also be presentations on whale song and seal vocalisations.

We hope to see you in Brighton in the summer!

Dr Holly Root-Gutteridge
IBAC2019 Conference Organising Committee
#IBAC2019
ibac2019conference at gmail.com <mailto:ibac2019conference at gmail.com>
http://www.2019.ibac.info/ <http://www.2019.ibac.info/>