[MARMAM] job offer Bioacoustic/ toothed whales detection / EIA / PAM/ MMO
cecileduc at hotmail.fr
Thu Mar 28 06:40:43 PDT 2019
IFREMER is currently seeking an Acoustic Engineer from 20 May to 20 September 2019. Main activities are:
- a R&D project to identify acoustic specific toothed whales and more precisely dolphins. Context is to prevent by-catch of pelagic trawl fisheries.
- To manage acoustic impact issue regarding seismic surveys in the marine research context.
- Review on sound produced by small dolphins from Bay of Biscay (common and bottlenose dolphins, and harbor porpoises),
- Review on small dolphins acoustic identifications algorithms,
- Selecting the most suitable algorithm or developing it,
- Testing and confirming the choice made,
- Potential acoustic risk assessment writing, in the context of a research seismic survey (reference documents already exist in our institute),
- Potential Tender writing for an EIA (Environmental Impact Assessment).
• Master’s Degree
• Generic knowledge in underwater acoustics and in signal processing,
• Knowledge in bioacoustics or in environmental acoustics would be appreciated,
• PAM system, Pamguard or other passive acoustics softwares,
• Experience with evaluation of impacts of noise on marine mammals,
• Excellent verbal communication, technical writing, and research skills (English and/or French),
• Proficient in Matlab or Python.
For more details, please send email to: Yves.Le.Gall at ifremer.fr<mailto:Yves.Le.Gall at ifremer.fr> and Cecile.Ducatel at ifremer.fr
To apply click on: https://ifremer.jobs.net/fr-FR/job/cdd-ingenieur-en-acoustique-sous-marine-h-f/J3V4B36DJ0TC2CQQFC1
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the MARMAM