[MARMAM] Advanced modules IVE3M

Karina Acevedo kacevedow at gmail.com
Tue Mar 26 15:58:49 PDT 2019

 Dear Colleagues,

The Mexican Society for Marine Mammalogy (SOMEMMA), host of the* fourth
biennial Marine Mammalogy Summer School (IV-E3M),* announces seven advanced
modules that will take place in La Paz, Mexico, 20 and 21 July, 2019.

Each advanced module is an *intensive course, aimed at professionals
interested in learning new skills, postgraduate students or final year
undergraduates*:

*1) Ecotoxicology and Marine Pollution* (Instructor: Juan José Alava, UBC,
Canada)
*2) Stable Isotopes in Ecological and Environmental Studies* (Instructor:
Seth Newsom and Emma Eliott, University of New Mexico, USa)
*3) Telemetry as a tool for animal ecology* (Instructor: Tenaya Norris,
TMMC, USA)
*4) Conservation genetics* (Larissa Rosa de Oliveira, UNISINOS, Brasil, and
Adrian Munguía-Vega, University of Arizona, USA)
*5) Passive acoustic monitoring and photoID database management* (Sally
Mizroch, Blue Sea Research and Armando Jaramillo, INECC, Mexico)
*6) Introduction to marine mammal rehabilitation and disease* (Cara Field,
TMMC, USA)
*7) Behavioural ecology of marine mammals* (Diane Gendron, CICIMAR, Mexico;
Concepción García, CICESE, Mexico; Sergio Martínez, UABCS, Mexico; course
delivered in spanish)

See more details on the modules and our instructors at
https://www.escuelamexicanademamiferosmarinos.com/copia-de-programa-1

SOMEMMA strongly believes instrengthening capacity of our current and
future marine mammalogists. Thus, we have strived to maintain costs
extremely low: the advanced modules costs *235 US dollars* (early fee,
prior to March 31st) for non SOMEMMA members, and *140 US dollars* (early
fee, prior to March 31st) for SOMEMMA members. This fee *includes
accommodation*, the course diploma, complementary material, and reading
material).If you do not wish for accommodation, the fee is 185 or 110 USD.

More details on registration costs can be found at:

https://www.escuelamexicanademamiferosmarinos.com/copia-de-costo
<http://www.escuelamexicanademamiferosmarinos.com>
https://www.facebook.com/4Escu
<https://www.facebook.com/4EscuelaMexicanaMastozoologiaMarina/>
elaMexicanaMastozoologiaMarina
<https://www.facebook.com/4EscuelaMexicanaMastozoologiaMarina/>/
<https://www.facebook.com/4EscuelaMexicanaMastozoologiaMarina/>
If interested, please email Karina or Fabiola at escuelamexicanamm at gmail.com

Hope to see you in La Paz!

Karina Acevedo-Whitehouse & Fabiola Guerrero de la Rosa
IV-E3M organizers
escuelamexicanamm at gmail.com
--

*Think of all the men who never knew the answers. Think of all those who
never even cared. Still, there are some who ask why, who want to know, who
dare to try.* (Rod Mckuen)