[MARMAM] Humpback Whale Tail Identification Internship position Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
l_hofmann2000 at yahoo.de
Wed Mar 13 17:58:04 PDT 2019
Whale Watch Cabo
We seek performance-driven, dedicated individuals for long-term internship based in Cabo San Lucas, Mexico. Interns must be available on a full-time basis, including weekends as needed. Program runs from December 2019 until April 2020.
- Collecting data of Humpback Whales and other cetaceans on our 2.5 hour whale watching tours
- Assisting guides and monitoring passengers
- Photo-identification matching of humpback whale flukes and/or dolphin dorsal fins
- Data entry and archival tasks
- Participation in outreach events and other tasks as needed
We are open to welcome interns with their own research proposals as well.
- Possess a university degree or be advanced undergraduates in biology, zoology, marine biology, ecology, or related field
- Available on an unpaid full-time basis for the entire internship period
- Available for all field work
- Have a mature attitude towards research
- Proficient with computers and data entry; specifically using Macintosh
- Willing to spend long periods of time in front of a computer doing repetitive tasks
- Have a strong work ethic and superior organizational skills
- Be independent, adaptable, and a fast-learner
- Strong communication skills – comfortable speaking to guests
- Able to collect and process data in a detail-oriented manner
- Have boating experience
- Able to speak, read, write English fluently and able to speak Spanish advanced
Are you excited about the internship and you think you fulfill the above requirements... send and email with the following details.
Applicants must be authorized to legally remain in Mexico, if they are not Mexican citizens. International applicants will be considered, but it is the responsibility of the applicant to acquire necessary visas and documentation.
Interested candidates should submit an application with the following:
- Cover letter and Resume/CV with photo, describing training experience and relevant skills
- Contact details of 2 references
Send the above items in PDF format as email attachments to lisa at whalewatchcabo.com with “Internship Application” in subject line.
PLEASE NOTE: This is an internship, there is no financial compensation for this position.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the MARMAM