[MARMAM] 2019 Summer Education Internships

education mmsc.org education at mmsc.org
Fri Mar 1 07:37:31 PST 2019

The Marine Mammal Stranding Center in Brigantine, NJ is seeking interns for the education & museum program for summer of 2019.

Come help us share our mission with the public about who we are as an organization and some of the animals that we work with at the Stranding Center! Interns will spend their time giving short, guided tours in our museum space, running booths at fairs/festivals/farmers markets,and assisting with our beach programs such as seining and mock stranding classes.

Requirements:
Applicants must be at least 18 years of age and be in good physical condition, including being able to lift 40 lbs. You must be comfortable working with people of all ages, including children. Interns must be available for at least two days/week, and will work with the education coordinator to develop a schedule. All internships are unpaid. No lodging is provided, and interns must have their own transportation. Students may apply with their college/university to receive college credit, but it is the student's responsibility to make sure all paperwork and requirements are met to receive credit. Experience is not required. Both undergraduates and recent graduates are encouraged to apply.

Application Process:
To apply, please send a cover letter, resume, and list of 3 references (of which 2 MUST be professional) to Dr. Lauren Harshaw at education at mmsc.org. Applications are due by 5 pm on Monday, April 1. Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis - i.e. you will be contacted within a week of your application submission for an interview if we are interested. If you have any questions, please email education at mmsc.org.

Lauren Harshaw, PhD
Education Coordinator
Marine Mammal Stranding Center
3625 Brigantine Blvd.