[MARMAM] 2nd World Cetacean Conference - Joint SMM and ECS conference in Barcelona, Dec 2019 - "Arts" as a tool for communicating marine mammal science

Volker Smit smit at m-e-e-r.de
Mon Mar 4 13:34:50 PST 2019

Dear MARMAMers!

With the occasion of the 2^nd World Marine Mammal Conference hosted by
the European Cetacean Society (ECS) and the Society for Marine Mammalogy
(SMM) that will take place in Barcelona (Spain) in December 2019, it is
our intention to continue the series of workshops we have been
organizing along with the ECS conferences since 2013. Our proposal for
the 7^th workshop on “Communicating Marine Mammal Science to the General
Public” will be centered on “Arts as a tool for communication”.

In our definition "Arts" includes all forms of expression or application
of human creative skill and imagination, including the various branches
of creativity such as painting, music, literature and dance.

Considering the vast audience and researchers the conference itself will
hosts, at this stage it is our aim to integrate people or groups
interested in providing feedback on their own experience and
contribution on the issue in the proposal/program of the workshop
itself, before submitting it.

Whoever finds this topic of interest and would like to share their
experience to provide useful tools for communication and fundraising to
other research groups and form a network of information on the matter is
strongly invited to get in touch.

Please mail to either:

Dr. Luigi Bundone: luigibundone at tiscali.it

or