[MARMAM] beaked whales in Indonesia

Wojtek Bachara wojtek.bachara at gmail.com
Fri Dec 20 10:42:18 PST 2019

 I would like to announce my new report:
Bachara, W. 2019. Beaked whale stranding in Indonesia. *Unpublished report
to Whale Stranding Indonesia*. 8 pp
can be downloaded at:
http://www.whalestrandingindonesia.com/resources.html

Abstract
With twenty nine beaked whale stranding records Indonesia is one of several
stranding hot spots in South Asia. First records for Borneo, Lesser Sunda
Island, Maluku Islands, Sulawesi and Sumatra are presented. A female
Layard’s beaked whale stranded in Sumatra adds a new extralimital record of
its global occurrence. A first record of a Deraniyagala's beaked whale from
Sulawesi is reported here.

Regards,
Wojtek
https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Wojtek_Bachara2