[MARMAM] Marine Ecology and Oceanography postdoctoral opportunities

Elliott Hazen elliott.hazen at duke.edu
Wed Dec 18 08:14:49 PST 2019

Dear colleagues,

Our group at University of California Santa Cruz / NOAA’s Environmental Research Division is looking for a postdoctoral quantitative ecologist (in addition to an oceanographer) with strong training and experience in spatio-temporal statistics and species distributional modeling  to play a leadership role in an ongoing project. The project includes 2 years of funding, and is focused on understanding how both the physical and forage environment are influencing the presence and abundance of marine mammals using in situ and remotely sensed oceanographic data, fisheries acoustics, passive acoustics, and shipboard survey data.  While this project is the main responsibility of the postdoctoral researcher, we have an extremely collaborative research group and would hope to hire someone that could work across multiple projects in our lab. The postdoc will be responsible for leading analysis and ultimately writing manuscripts related to this project and others in our lab. If interested in the position, please see the full description and instructions for applying at this link:

http://mjacox.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/12/UCSC-Postdoctoral-Research-Ad_ERD.pdf

Thank you in advance for any help you can provide in distributing this announcement and please let me know if you have any questions.

Sincerely,
Elliott Hazen
https://hazen.sites.ucsc.edu/