[MARMAM] Recent publications

Giacomo Giorli Giacomo.Giorli at niwa.co.nz
Tue Dec 3 17:37:51 PST 2019

Dear MARMAM Readers,

My co-authors and I are pleased to announce the following recent publications in Nature Scientific Reports and the New Zealand Journal of Marine and Freshwater Research:

  1.  Giorli, G., & Goetz, K. T. (2019). Foraging activity of sperm whales (Physeter macrocephalus) off the east coast of New Zealand. Scientific reports, 9(1), 1-9.
  2.  Giorli, G., & Goetz, K. T. (2019). Acoustically estimated size distribution of sperm whales (Physeter macrocephalus) off the east coast of New Zealand. New Zealand Journal of Marine and Freshwater Research, 1-12.

Here are the links to the papers: https://www.nature.com/articles/s41598-019-48417-5 and https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/00288330.2019.1679843

Some of you might also be interested in a less recent paper we published last year:

Giorli, G., Goetz, K. T., Delarue, J., Maxner, E., Kowarski, K. A., Bruce Martin, S., & McPherson, C. (2018). Unknown beaked whale echolocation signals recorded off eastern New Zealand. The Journal of the Acoustical Society of America, 143(4), EL285-EL291.

which can be found at this link: https://asa.scitation.org/doi/full/10.1121/1.5032127

If you have any question or to request a pdf copy directly, you can contact me at Giacomo.Giorli at niwa.co.nz

Cheers,
Giacomo

[https://www.niwa.co.nz/static/niwa-2018-horizontal-180.png]<https://www.niwa.co.nz>
Dr Giacomo Giorli
Marine Mammal Acoustician

+64-4-386-0538 |
National Institute of Water & Atmospheric Research Ltd (NIWA)
301 Evans Bay Parade Hataitai Wellington New Zealand
Connect with NIWA: niwa.co.nz<https://www.niwa.co.nz> Facebook<https://www.facebook.com/nzniwa> LinkedIn<https://www.linkedin.com/company/niwa> Twitter<https://twitter.com/niwa_nz> Instagram<https://www.instagram.com/niwa_science>
To ensure compliance with legal requirements and to maintain cyber security standards, NIWA's IT systems are subject to ongoing monitoring, activity logging and auditing. This monitoring and auditing service may be provided by third parties. Such third parties can access information transmitted to, processed by and stored on NIWA's IT systems