[MARMAM] Reproducible Research Workshop at WMMC

Dr Robert Schick, Ph.D. robert.schick at duke.edu
Mon Aug 19 07:43:27 PDT 2019

It sometimes seems like every week there are news items about the reproducibility crisis in science. If you’ve ever seen such pieces and thought that embracing a reproducible workflow is probably a good idea, but are overwhelmed with not knowing where to start, I have just the solution.

On Saturday December 7th, 2019 I'll be offering a day long workshop on reproducible research at the WMMC<https://www.wmmconference.org/workshops/#Best%20Practices%20for%20Reproducible%20Research>research at the WMMC<https://www.wmmconference.org/workshops/#Best%20Practices%20for%20Reproducible%20Research>. I invite you to come along and learn about the underpinnings of a good workflow. The course will be based in R and RStudio, but you needn’t be an expert in either. We’ll cover directory structures, project based workflows, and version control with git and GitHub. The course is targeted towards those interested, but at the early stages of learning about reproducibility. If you are already an expert in git and reproducibility, then this is probably not for you – but look for an advanced workshop sometime this fall.

Feel free to be in touch with any questions about the content. I will be in touch with attendees a week ahead of the workshop with some pre-workshop instructions relating to computing environments.

Cheers,

Rob