[MARMAM] Request for advice on image sharpening and data sharing in the eastern English Channel

Theadora Taylor thea.taylor at worldcetaceanalliance.org
Mon Apr 29 02:29:54 PDT 2019

Brighton Dolphin Project is a recent initiative set up by the World
Cetacean Alliance aiming to study the marine mammal populations of the
eastern English Channel.
As we are a fairly new project, the majority of our data is sent in by
members of the public. This can mean that many of the images sent in are
taken on camera phones, or are stills captured from video footage taken on
cameras.
While this is all great information, we are struggling with the issue of
image quality for photo ID.
Does anyone have any tips on gathering useful data from video footage, or
can recommend the best image-sharpening software to use?

Many thanks

*Thea Taylor, *
Research & Sightings coordinator
Brighton Dolphin Project.