[MARMAM] Marine mammal monitoring Training courses-MMO/PSO/PAM

Stephanie Barnicoat s.barnicoat at seiche.com
Fri Apr 12 05:34:58 PDT 2019

Dear Colleagues,

Seiche Training delivers world class training courses which qualifies delegates to work offshore. Over the globe we will be delivering our JNNC accredited MMO, BOEM/BSEE compliant PSO an our PAM course. Please see dates and locations below.

Our JNCC accredited MMO course is run over two days to provide comprehensive coverage of the role of the MMO. On the course there is a mixture classroom theory and practical boat sessions, where delegates will get a thorough insight into all aspects of life as an MMO. On the course, we will look at anthropogenic noise, how noise impacts marine mammals, mitigation measures in place, record keeping and reporting requirements and an introduction into marine mammals.

This PSO training BOEM (Bureau of Ocean Energy Management) compliant to provide Protected Species Observer certification for seismic surveys and is accepted in various other industries and regions where mitigation for marine mammals is needed. PSO's monitor for marine mammals and sea turtles and advise on the measures required to reduce impacts to the animals worldwide. The PSO course looks at Noise in the ocean, the regulations for minimising risks to marine mammals during industrial activities, Types of dredging, marine mammal identification and documenting animal behaviour, data collection and report writing.
The PAM course includes an introduction into sound in water, looking at how sound propagates underwater, marine mammal vocalisations, using PAMGuard, with hands on practical sessions and hardware set up, installing and deploying the equipment on a vessel, as the PAM course will include a boat trip to provide experience in locating and identifying protected species at sea, as well as practice in methods for distance estimation.

For prices, or any questions, if you wish to book, please do not hesitate to contact myself or training at seiche.com<mailto:training at seiche.com>

Course dates and locations
MMO

  *   24-25 June, Okehampton, Devon, UK
  *   2-3 September, Okehampton, Devon, UK
  *   9-10 December, Okehampton, Devon, UK

PSO

  *   5-6 August, Downtown, Boston, US
  *   12-13 August, St Johns, Newfoundland, Canada
  *   30-31 Oct, New Orleans
  *   7-8 Nov, Rio De Janeiro, Brazil

PAM

  *   26-28 June, Okehampton, Devon, UK
  *   7-9 August, Downtown, Boston, US

  *   14-16 August, St Johns, Newfoundland, Canada

  *   4-5 September, Okehampton, Devon, UK
  *   1-3 November, New Orleans
  *   9-11 November, Rio De Janeiro, Brazil
  *   11-13 December, Okehampton, Devon, UK

Seiche Ltd
Stephanie Barnicoat
Project Officer
Seiche Ltd
Bradworthy Industrial Estate, Langdon Road, Bradworthy, Holsworthy, Devon, EX22 7SF, United Kingdom

T: +44(0)1837 503386
E: s.barnicoat at seiche.com
W: www.seiche.com
Registered in England & Wales No. 3475558, Registered
Office: The Custom House, The Strand, Barnstaple, Devon

The information contained in this
e-mail transmission, and any documents, files or previous e-mail messages attached
to it, is privileged and confidential, and solely intended for the use of the
individual(s) to whom it is addressed.  If you are not the intended
recipient or a person responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient
you should not read, copy, distribute or otherwise use the information, and you
are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of any of
the information contained in or attached to this message is strictly
prohibited.  If you have received this message in error, please notify
sender immediately and delete this e-mail and attached documents.