[MARMAM] ACS Conference Early Registration Deadline Extended to 9/22

acsoffice at acsonline.org acsoffice at acsonline.org
Mon Sep 17 10:05:21 PDT 2018

Dearest MARMAM subscribers,

The Early Registration deadline has been extended a week, to September 22nd, for early registration for our 16th biennial international conference of the American Cetacean Society, Whales & Us: The Next Generation.

ACS's international conference is a highly respected gathering of scientists, educators, conservationists, students, hobbyists and anyone with an interest in cetaceans and their diverse ocean environments. This conference will focus on the future of whale, dolphin and porpoise conservation, and activities will include speaker sessions with world-renowned experts, a poster session including a student research poster contest, a student-scientist networking event, a whale documentary screening with a Q&A panel with the Director and several featured scientists, a photography contest, a silent auction, book signings, an art show, vendor exhibits, and much more. We will also hold our traditional pre-conference all-day whale watching trip on Friday, November 2nd, and will venture out into the rich southern California waters between Catalina Island and Orange County.

More information, including a draft program, can be found at our conference website here:
[ https://www.acsonline.org/2018-conference ]( https://www.acsonline.org/2018-conference )
[  ]( https://www.acsonline.org/2018-conference )

Thank you so much everyone, and we hope to see you there!

The American Cetacean Society