[MARMAM] Namibian Dolphin Project - Volunteer positions available immediately Oct-Nov 2018

Simon Elwen simon.elwen at gmail.com
Sun Sep 9 13:58:16 PDT 2018

The Namibian Dolphin Project is a research and conservation organisation
based in Walvis Bay, Namibia which has been running for over 10 years.

We currently have openings for 2 long-term volunteers for the period 01 Oct
to 30 Nov 2018.

As  an integral part of a small team working with the Field Officer - this
is a very hands on experience and a great way to get a wide range of field
experience.

Volunteers will be directly involved in day to day activities of the
research station including on-going field work including small-boat and
opportunistic surveys, land-based dolphin surveys, seal entanglement
monitoring, hydrophone deployments and recovery, and attendance at post
mortem examinations of stranded cetaceans or turtles that may occur.
Additionally, volunteers will be involved in data input and processing,
public outreach and equipment maintenance.

The Namibian Dolphin Project is part of the Sea Search Research and
Conservation group, a registered non profit. We request that volunteers pay
a financial contribution to cover accommodation, food and training.
Accommodation is in shared housing at the NDP Field station.

Please contact info at seasearch.co.za with a CV and brief motivation.    Wore
information available on our website here:
http://www.namibiandolphinproject.org/get-involved/volunteer-internship-program/

Regards,
Dr Simon Elwen
Director: Namibian Dolphin Project

--  --  --  --  --  --  --  -- --  --  --  --  --  --  --  --  --  --  --
Simon Elwen Ph.D. NRF Research Fellow at the Mammal Research Institute,
University of Pretoria

Based at Sea Search Africa - 4 Bath Rd, Muizenberg, Cape Town.

Phone: +27 21 788 1206 (Office SA),      +27 71 139 5951 (Mob SA)

www.seasearch.co.za &  www.namibiandolphinproject.org

The first *African Bioacoustics Community conference will be held in Cape
Town on the **3rd-7th December 2018*.

https://www.facebook.com/africanbioacousticscommunity/