[MARMAM] ANZSCSMM Abstract Deadline

ANZSCSMM ANZSCSMM anzscsmm at gmail.com
Wed Oct 24 22:11:52 PDT 2018

Dear ANZSCSMM members,

This is a friendly reminder that the fourth Australia/New Zealand Student
Chapter Meeting of the Society for Marine Mammalogy will take place on
November 29th and 30th, 2018, starting at 9 AM at Griffith University
(Queensland). There will be an optional half-day R workshop on Wednesday
afternoon, November 28th, which will be run by our colleagues at Griffth.
This opportunity will be free, suitable for all levels of R users, and open
to all interested conference participants.

The Chapter has funding to provide meals during the two days of the
conference, as well as the opportunity to cover most, if not all,
accommodation costs for those travelling from outside of Brisbane (3
nights; depending upon need). We would, therefore, like to reiterate that
all university students (undergraduates to postdocs) from Australia, New
Zealand, the South Pacific, and Southeast Asia are welcome to attend.

We encourage attendees to give an oral presentation (15 minutes) or to
present a poster about their current (or planned) work on marine mammals. The
deadline to submit an abstract (max. 300 words) has been extended to
Friday, November 9th.  Please send an email as soon as possible to
anzscsmm at gmail.com
<anzscsmm at gmail.com%3cmailto:anzscsmm at gmail.com%3cmailto:anzscsmm at gmail.com%3cmailto:anzscsmm at gmail.com>
with
the subject 'ANZSCSMM Abstract', along with your name, affiliation,
presentation preference, abstract, the state/country you'll be travelling
from, any dietary requirements, and a request for accommodation (if
applicable). We will make decisions about travel grants based on the final
number of participants. Those chosen to receive a travel grant will be
notified the week after the deadline and will be reimbursed at the
conference.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact us! We will be
sending out a schedule and an abstract book two weeks prior to the
conference.

We look forward to meeting you all,

ANZ Student Chapter Heads

Kate Indeck, Dana Cusano, and Jasmin Gross