[MARMAM] Marine Rescuer
pw at marspecialists.org
Mon Oct 8 12:14:27 PDT 2018
JOB OPPORTUNITY WITH MARINE ANIMAL RESCUE SPECIALISTS
Marine Animal Rescue Specialists (MAR), www.marspecialists.org <http://www.marspecialists.org/>, is authorized by the National Marine Fisheries Service for pinniped and dolphin rescues, and whale disentanglement calls. Over the past three decades MAR has conducted over 6,000 marine mammal rescues.
POSITION: MARINE ANIMAL RESCUE SPECIALIST
MAR is looking for committed individuals who would like to make rescuing marine animals a career. You must have pinniped, especially sea lion rescue experience to apply. Training will be provided by MAR to ensure continued high-level response to any marine animal calls. MAR will not consider candidates looking for a temporary position.
JOB DESCRIPTION: Part-time. Must be available 2-3 days a week, 8 hours per day for response, rescue and transportation from jetties, docks, and both common and uncommon stranding locations. Must be able to learn the proper use of specialized marine animal rescue, transportation and safety equipment. Must be able to work in cooperation with local agencies and volunteers and be familiar with all local, state and federal laws pertaining to the rescuing of marine animals.
LOCATION: MAR’s authorized territory is Los Angeles County, from Pacific Palisades to Long Beach and west to Catalina, California.
HOURS: Approximately 8 hours per day, 2-3 days per week. Be prepared to work long days from January to June.
SALARY: Commensurate with experience and skills
START: Within a couple of months
REFERENCES AND REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
· Provide background/references
· A valid driver’s license with no points
· Minimum one year experience in rescuing seals and sea lions
· Must correctly identify local marine animal species and demonstrate knowledge of
birthing seasons and natural behaviors of marine animals
· Some animal-related emergency medical experience
· Must meet challenging physical fitness requirements
· Must possess 24-hour Hazwhoper certificate
· Skill in small boat handling
· Able to drive 4WD Pickup truck
OTHER REQUIRED RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Maintain rescue and transportation equipment
· Responsible for school visits
· Must be enthusiastic with good communication skills and be able to work with
others, including Coast Guard, Lifeguards, Police, etc.
· When on-call, must answer calls promptly
· Must pass County Beach Safety Driving Course
· Coordinate volunteers
Send your cover letter, resume and references to the email address below:
Contact: Peter Wallerstein, pw at marspecialists.org <mailto:pw at marspecialists.org>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the MARMAM