[MARMAM] Opportunity in the Chesapeake Bay for M.S. student

Bailey, Helen hbailey at umces.edu
Tue Nov 20 13:35:18 PST 2018

We are looking for an M.S. student to contribute to our Chesapeake
DolphinWatch project. This research project involves deploying hydrophones
and analyzing acoustic recordings of bottlenose dolphins within the
Chesapeake Bay and surrounding area (more information at
www.umces.edu/helen-bailey). The student would be based at the University
of Maryland Center for Environmental Science (UMCES), Chesapeake Biological
Laboratory (CBL), in Solomons, Maryland, USA, through the Marine Estuarine
Environmental Science Graduate Program (www.mees.umd.edu). The student
would be funded through a competitively awarded CBL fellowship. We are
therefore searching for candidates with high GPA and GRE scores, and
preferably a scientific publication. Candidates with experience in
bioacoustics, sound analysis software (such as PAMGUARD and Raven), and
statistical packages (such as R) will be preferable. If you are interested,
please send your CV (including your GPA and GRE scores) to Dr. Helen Bailey
at hbailey at umces.edu by 3rd December 2018.

Dr. Helen Bailey
Research Associate Professor
UNIVERSITY OF MARYLAND CENTER