[MARMAM] New publication on shipping noise and marine mammals

Brandon Southall brandon.southall at sea-inc.net
Mon Mar 26 22:36:19 PDT 2018

MARMAM subscribers,

On behalf of my co-authors, I am pleased to announce a recent
publication entitled: "Reducing Noise from Large Commercial Ships:
Progress and partnerships." This paper discusses efforts to understand
and mitigate impacts from commercial shipping noise on marine mammals
and was generated through a multi-disciplinary collaboration of
scientists and government, NGO, and academic partners.

This article is featured in the current (Spring) issue of Proceedings of
the Marine Safety and Security Council - Coast Guard Journal of Safety
and Security at Sea, which is openly available at:
http://www.uscg.mil/proceedings/

Southall, B. L., Hatch, L. Scholik-Schlomer, A., Bergmann, T., Jasny,
M., Metcalf, K., Weilgart, L., Wright, A. J., and Perera, M.E. ^(2018).
Reducing Noise from Large Commercial Ships: Progress and Partnerships.
/Proceedings of the Marine Safety and Security Council - Coast Guard
Journal of Safety and Security at Sea, 1, /58-65/./

Many thanks,

Brandon Southall

--
Brandon L. Southall, Ph.D.