[MARMAM] Marine Education Summer Internship - Center for Coastal Studies, Provincetown, MA USA
srichardson at coastalstudies.org
Thu Mar 8 08:42:56 PST 2018
*Summer 2018 Internship Opportunity*
The Center for Coastal Studies is a non-profit organization dedicated
scientific research with emphasis on marine mammals of the western North
Atlantic and on the coastal and marine habitats and resources of the Gulf
of Maine. CCS has been conducting research and marine and coastal
educational programs on Cape Cod for 42 years.
*Education Responsibilities*- Intern will assist with environmental
education programs, including on-site programs, off-site programs, and
festivals, including CCS’s signature summer week of events: Whale Week: A
Celebration of the Sea, and Whale Camp. Interns will assist in staffing
the Center’s Hiebert Marine Science Hall; designing and delivering
presentations, answering questions about CCS, marine mammals and ocean
conservation issues, and other general duties.
Interns must have their own transportation, and housing is not provided. A
small stipend is provided.
- The internship is open to students who are currently enrolled in, or
recently graduated from an accredited college or university.
- Preference will be given to students or recent graduates working
towards environmental studies, education, marine science, biology or other
- Intern should demonstrate strong written and verbal communication
- Intern should be a self-starter able to take responsibility for
- Students that are adaptable, responsible, hard working, willing to
learn, and have attention to detail are encouraged to apply.
- Must be able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Must be comfortable working with all ages.
- Must be comfortable working outside in all conditions.
- Must be comfortable working with and handling marine species.
- Interns must be able to commit to at least two-three months; preferred
start date-end date mid June to mid August, but dates are flexible based on
- Interns must work a minimum of 20 hours per week.
- Schedule is flexible but intern may have to work some weekends and
- Preference will be given to students with secured housing on Cape Cod.
To Apply- Send your resume, cover letter, and one letter of reference to
Stephanie Richardson at srichardson at coastalstudies.org or 5 Holway Ave,
Provincetown, Massachusetts 02657. Applications must be received by March
Human Resource Manager
Center for Coastal Studies
5 Holway Avenue
Provincetown, MA 02657
t. (508) 487-3622 Ext. 113
f. (508) 487-4695
Office Hours: Mon. - Fri. 9 AM - 3 PM
*“There is no drop of water in the ocean, not even in the deepest parts of
the abyss, that does not know and respond to the mysterious forces that
create the tide.” *
*-- Rachel Carson*
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the MARMAM