[MARMAM] JOB posting: Marine Biologist Azores

Rebecca Boys rebeccaboys at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 6 07:43:20 PST 2018

Dear MARMAMers,

This message is sent on behalf of Pedro Azevedo (Peter Whale Watching, Azores).
There is a Marine Biologist position available on Faial island, Azores:

Peter Whale Watching is currently searching for a Marine Biologist to work in the Azores Islands from April to the end of September, during the Whale Watching Season, to perform the following activities:

  *   Guidance of Whale Whatching expeditions
  *   Vending and coordination of other nature based activities
  *   Development of scientific research and implementation of sustainable practices within the activities offered by the company
We are one of the first Azorean companies offering Whale Watching experiences to the public and we are currently focused in optimizing the impact of our activities at the social, environmental and scientific levels. With that aim in mind we are currently searching for conscious professionals to collaborate with the implementation of our vision, preserving and enabling the protection of the beauty and the diversity of the Azoreans ecosystems.
The requirements for the current position are as follows:

  *   Academic background in Marine Biology (preferentially expertise in Cetaceans)
  *   License to work on board (Carta de Marinheiro/Patrão Local or equivalent)
  *   Fluency in Portuguese and English
For further information or in case of interest you may reach us through the following contacts:

  *   pedro.petercafe at outlook.com<mailto:pedro.petercafe at outlook.com>
  *   Pedro Azevedo: +351 916712298

Thank you,

Rebecca M Boys

ECS Student Representative
Marine Biologist at IMAR - Dept. Oceanography and Fisheries, University of the Azores