[MARMAM] New publication - Fusariosis in a captive South American sea lion

Laura Reisfeld laurinhaz at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 5 19:22:55 PDT 2018

Dear Colleagues,

On behalf of all co-authors, I am pleased to announce the publication of our article about fusariosis in a captive South American sea lion.

Laura Reisfeld, Carlos Sacristan, Paloma Canedo, Bruna Schwarz, Ana Carolina Ewbank, Fernando Esperon, Jose Luiz Catao-Dias (2018). Fusariosis in a Captive South American Sea Lion (Otaria flavescens): A Case Report.  Mycopathologia, doi: 10.1007/s11046-018-0270-9

In this manuscript we described the clinical signs, associated lesions and diagnosis (thermography, imprint cytology, histopathology, culture, electron microscopy, PCR) of a fusariosis case by Fusarium sp. in the nails and skin of an adult male captive South American sea lion (Otaria flavescens) recently transferred from another zoological institution, and its successful long-term treatment with Ketoconazole PO (60 days) and Miconazole solution spray TO, followed by Itraconazole PO (30 days). Herein we provide a successful approach to the diagnosis and treatment of fusariosis.

You can discover more in the links: https://rdcu.be/OhV4 and

https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s11046-018-0270-9

The article is available at link above or email: lauravet at aquariodesaopaulo.com.br<mailto:lauravet at aquariodesaopaulo.com.br>

Best regards

Laura Reisfeld

DVM, MSc,

Aquario de Sao Paulo

Laboratory of  Wildlife Comparative Patholog y - LAPCOM

School of  Veterinary Medicine and Animal Sciences - FMVZ
University of São Paulo (Brazil)