[MARMAM] Second call for abstracts / 3rd LAMLA (Lima, Peru)

Maria Isabel Gonçalves misabelcgoncalves at gmail.com
Tue Jul 24 16:00:13 PDT 2018

 ******************* New deadline *************** New deadline **********
New deadline **********

    3rd LAMLA Workshop at SOLAMAC

    “Listening for Aquatic Mammals in Latin America”

    04 November 2018, Lima, Perú

    ******************* New deadline *************** New deadline
********** New deadline **********

    Dear Colleagues,

    We would like to invite you to participate in the upcoming workshop
"Listening for Aquatic Mammals in Latin America" (LAMLA) to be held prior
to the Latin American Society of Aquatic Mammal Experts (SOLAMAC) meeting
in Lima, Peru. Please note the schedule has changed because of SOLAMAC
organization: LAMLA meeting will be one day only, on Sunday, Nov 4th. The
preliminary schedule is given at the end of this message.

    In this third meeting, our aim is to bring together researchers,
professionals, and students working on bioacoustics to communicate their
work, interact with other researchers. We want to discuss directions for a
coordinated regional bioacoustics network and collaboration, essential to
strengthen both the scientific and conservation efforts on the species
locally, nationally and internationally. This year, we'll also propose a
training session in technical knowledge.

    Please join us in order to:

    ·     assess the effort to study sounds from all aquatic mammal species
that occur in Latin America;

    ·     share scientific information and methodologies between research
groups;

    ·     enhance conservation efforts, locally and internationally;

    ·     define a platform for launching new partnerships, activities or
projects.

    We would like to encourage anyone with interest in these studies in
Latin America to participate. Please, don't hesitate to forward this
message to colleagues or person you think interested but keep in mind work
has to be conducted in Latin America, no exceptions.

    We strongly encourage any abstracts accepted for presentation at
SOLAMAC and that fit the scope of this workshop, to also be presented at
LAMLA.

    ** Abstract submission deadline: August, 15th 2018.

    Abstract submission: please send the completed attached form to <
lamlameeting at gmail.com >
    (the answer for acceptance of the abstract will be given before August,
31th).

    ** Registration deadline: 30th September 2018.
     (registration through the SOLAMAC website http://solamac2018.com/
<https://mail.univ-amu.fr/owa/redir.aspx?REF=h_uASapaCqsUVkVl8J1WObAMS3CSyKktzwyOSk30mIyYeSmRj-7VCAFodHRwOi8vc29sYW1hYzIwMTguY29tLw..>
)

    Fee for the workshop: US$15 for students; US$35 for professionals.
     (to be added to the general inscription fee for SOLAMAC)

    For any further information, please contact us at lamlameeting at gmail.com
.

    Looking forward to seeing you in Lima!

    Best wishes,

--
Organizing Committee
LAMLA Workshop - Listening for Aquatic Mammals in Latin America

********************************** Preliminary schedule
**********************************

8:00-8:30 -  Welcome talk by the Organizing Committee
8:30-9:15 - Keynote Address by Dr. Jay Barlow (NOAA)
9:15-10:30 - Training session of “Basic features of acoustic analysis in
Raven” by Dr. Renata Sousa-Lima (Federal University of Rio Grande do Norte,
Brazil)
10:30-11:00 - Coffee break
11:00-13:30 - Training session of “Acoustic analysis in R” by MSc Elena
Schall andMSc Diego Filun (Alfred Wegner Institute, Germany)
13:30-14:30 - Lunch time
14:30-16:30 - Oral Presentations
16:30-17:00 - Coffee break
17:00-18:30 - Oral presentations and discussion

--
​
Maria Isabel C. Gonçalves