[MARMAM] Warning: predatory publishing scam

Sonja Kromann - NOAA Federal sonja.kromann at noaa.gov
Thu Jul 12 10:07:52 PDT 2018

To follow up with the Monday, July 9 post from Phil Clapham regarding
Syrawood Publishing and the book of republished *PLoS One*  articles
entitled *An Integrated Study of Marine Mammals*, please be on the lookout
for similar publications from these other publishers:

Syrawood Publishing https://www.syrawoodpublishinghouse.com
Callisto Reference https://callistoreference.com/homes
Foster Academics https://fosteracademics.com/homes/contact
Clanry International https://clanryeinternational.com/homes/contact

These and three others are registered under same IP address, have identical
contact information and formatting.  Other books located include
republished articles from *FASEB Journal* and the *International Journal of
Oceanography *among others.

Another similar book containing republished articles on marine mammals is:

Creed, Roger, editor. 2015. *Advanced Study of Marine Mammals. *Callisto
Reference. ISBN: 9781632390295

this profound book. The specialized features of marine mammals in
comparison with their terrestrial counterparts, the environment in which
they live, and the effect of humans on them throughout history and in the
present day scenario have all given a distinctive dimension to research on
these creatures. Therefore, several researchers have undertaken unique
approaches for their study. The aim of this book is to provide an overview
on the diversity of approaches and viewpoints along with providing useful
information on marine mammalogy. Given the growing concerns about issues of
anthropogenic factors affecting these animals, it is apparent that a major
part of this book deals with this issue.

Library
Marine Mammal Laboratory
NOAA, NMFS, AFSC
7600 Sand Point Way NE, Bldg. 4