[MARMAM] Living Seas Volunteer Opportunities, Cardigan Bay Marine Wildlife Centre, west Wales (UK)

CBMWC info at cbmwc.org
Thu Jan 25 04:18:31 PST 2018

The
<https://www.welshwildlife.org/visitor-centres/cardigan-bay-marine-wildlife-
centre/> Cardigan Bay Marine Wildlife Centre (CBMWC) are looking for
dedicated and enthusiastic volunteers to join our Living Seas Team for our
2018 field season. As 2018 is Year of the Sea in Wales this is a fantastic
time to become involved in our research and awareness raising work.

CBMWC is a non-profit organisation based in New Quay, west Wales. Founded in
1996 the centre is dedicated to conserving the marine life of Cardigan Bay
through research and education. A part of The Wildlife Trust of South and
West Wales we deliver the trusts Living Seas programme.

Volunteering with CBMWC is a unique opportunity for you to carry out marine
mammal research (focusing on bottlenose dolphins, Atlantic grey seals and
harbour porpoise) and help to inspire the public through our visitor centre
and community engagement events.

The volunteer programme at CBMWC has received national recognition after
achieving the Investing in Volunteers Award (IiV), the UK's quality standard
for volunteer management, in January 2017. We provide a fantastic volunteer
experience!

We have a number of volunteering roles available -

<https://www.welshwildlife.org/visitor-centres/cardigan-bay-marine-wildlife-
centre/volunteer/livingseas-volunteers/> Living Seas Volunteers - will
conduct land and boat based surveys, data entry, man our visitor centre and
assist with community engagement events.

<https://www.welshwildlife.org/visitor-centres/cardigan-bay-marine-wildlife-
centre/volunteer/shorefin-volunteers/> ShoreFin Volunteers - will photograph
bottlenose dolphins from land, conduct photo-ID, analyse data and write the
annual ShoreFin report.

<https://www.welshwildlife.org/visitor-centres/cardigan-bay-marine-wildlife-
centre/volunteer/seal-photo-id/> SeaSeal Volunteer - will conduct land based
seal surveys, photograph seals, conduct photo-ID, analyse data and write the
annual SeaSeal report.

Visit
<https://www.welshwildlife.org/cardigan-bay-news/living-seas-volunteer-oppor
tunities-cbmwc/>
https://www.welshwildlife.org/cardigan-bay-news/living-seas-volunteer-opport
unities-cbmwc/ for further information on the roles and how to apply.

Deadline for applications is 23:59pm on Sunday 11th February. Applications
will be reviewed as received and volunteer opportunities are available until
filled.

Contact - Laura Evans at  <mailto:volunteer at cbmwc.org> volunteer at cbmwc.org
or 01545 560224

Wildlife Trust of South and West Wales