[MARMAM] Deadlines approching for internship positions on bottlenose dolphin monitoring project in Cardigan Bay, UK.

Kathy James kathy.james at seawatchfoundation.org.uk
Thu Jan 4 02:26:04 PST 2018

The application deadline for the roles of Research Intern and Research
Assistant at Sea Watch Foundation in Wales is January 14th. Please apply
now!

You'll be aiding our research on bottlenose dolphins and helping with our
national cetacean sightings network. You'll find further details here:
<http://www.seawatchfoundation.org.uk/internships/>
http://www.seawatchfoundation.org.uk/internships/.

A little more about us.

Sea Watch Foundation

The Sea Watch Foundation is a national marine environmental research charity
that aims to achieve better conservation of whales and dolphins in the seas
around Britain and Ireland, by involving the public in scientific monitoring
of populations and the threats they face. It is the longest-running research
charity in UK focusing upon cetaceans around the British Isles, and
maintains a national sightings database, the largest in Europe. It works
closely with all the UK statutory conservation agencies, and advises UK
government, the UNEP Regional intergovernmental Conservation Agreement -
ASCOBANS, the European Commission, as well as the major conservation
charities and marine industries operating in the UK. At Sea Watch Wales, we
are dedicated to raising awareness, knowledge and conservation of the marine
wildlife of the region.

Research in Cardigan Bay

The purpose of our research here is to monitor the marine mammal populations
inhabiting Cardigan Bay, so as to gain information to aid the conservation
and long-term wellbeing of these animals and the local marine environment.
This is achieved by conducting various projects including:

.         Estimating the abundance and distribution of bottlenose dolphins,
harbour porpoises and grey seals within Cardigan Bay using distance sampling
and opportunistic boat surveys

.         Maintaining and updating a catalogue of photographically
identified bottlenose dolphins in Wales in order to study their abundance,
social structure, movements and life histories.

We look forward to hearing from you!

Kathy James

Sightings Officer

Sea Watch Foundation

Aberystwyth Business Hub

21 Bridge Street

Aberystwyth

Ceredigion

SY23 1PZ

Tel: 01970 623906

www.seawatchfoundation.org.uk

<https://www.facebook.com/seawatchfoundation/C:/Users/Sea%20Watch%20Foundati
on/Documents/ADMIN%20MISC> facebook <https://twitter.com/SeaWatchersUK>
twitter

Ever shop online? Sign up for
<https://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/seawatch/> Easy Fundraising and
raise money for the Sea Watch Foundation while you shop at no cost to you!
All your donations directly support our research!