[MARMAM] Spring Internship - Northcoast Marine Mammal Center
volunteer at northcoastmmc.org
Thu Dec 27 18:02:13 PST 2018
Spring Internship - Northcoast Marine Mammal Center
The Northcoast Marine Mammal Center in Crescent City, CA, is seeking applicants for several internships in marine mammal stranding response and rehabilitation. Internships are 3-6 months, unpaid, and no housing is provided. Applicants will be living and working in Crescent City, CA. The spring term (Harbor Seal Pupping Season) is the busiest and most "hands-on" term at NMMC. The spring term begins on or around March 4th. There are three internships available.
Interns will have the opportunity to participate in:
* marine mammal rescue and release
* marine mammal health assessment
* food preparation and feeding patients
* wound care and medication administration
* observing surgery and necropsy
* cleaning pens, pools, kennels and hospital facility
* must be at least 19 years old.
* must be enrolled or have graduated from an undergraduate or graduate program in a related field.
* must be physically fit with the ability to lift 50lbs and walk long distances on the beach in adverse conditions such as hot and cold temperatures, humidity, rain, and wind.
* must be willing to work 5 days a week including evenings, weekends, and holidays.
* must be self-motivated, articulate, mature, reliable, and responsible. Should work well independently as well as with a team.
* must possess a valid driver's license.
* must have experience with Microsoft Office; Word and Excel.
* if the intern intends to receive university credit for their internship, they are responsible for making all arrangements with their educational institution.
* this is an unpaid position with no housing provided. All interns are responsible for obtaining housing and transportation. A vehicle is preferred as public transportation is very limited and will not allow for participation in rescues which can occur on short notice.
To Apply: please include the following and submit via email to volunteer at northcoastmmc.org<mailto:volunteer at northcoastmmc.org>. Incomplete submissions will not be considered.
* A cover letter that includes the internship start date and preferred term length (3-month minimum).
* A current curriculum vitae/resume.
* Three reference contacts for individuals familiar with the applicant's academic/professional performance.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the MARMAM