[MARMAM] California Wildlife Center 2019 Internship Opportunities

Heather Henderson heatherh at cawildlife.org
Sun Dec 9 13:23:27 PST 2018

2019 Marine Mammal Rescue & Rehabilitation Internship Announcement

California Wildlife Center is excited to announce the following internship opportunities for 2019!  California Wildlife Center is located in Malibu, California, and responds to reports of stranded marine mammals 365 days a year.  Our rehabilitation facility is active during the region’s period of highest stranding activity, which is February through June.  There are four, 2-month sessions:

Session I:     February 1st to the end of March

Session II:    March 1st to the end of April

Session III:   April 1st to the end of May

Session IV:   May 1st to the end of June

Time Commitment:

40 hours per week.

Summary/Program Description
The California Wildlife Center is a non-profit organization dedicated to the rescue, rehabilitation and release of injured, orphaned and sick native wildlife.  CWC fulfills this mission through marine mammal rescue and rehabilitation, and treatment of avian and terrestrial wildlife in our rehabilitation hospital.   This internship will provide an exciting and challenging educational experience in the marine mammal rehabilitation field.  Working closely with the Marine Mammal program staff, individuals will be exposed to many aspects of stranding response and rehabilitation, including: logistics, assessment, capture/restraint, transportation, husbandry, data collection, and public relations.   The marine mammal teams also perform rescues on coastal native marine avian species, providing interns a view into the skills necessary for capture and transport of these species.  To minimize cross contamination potential, all rehabilitative care of non-marine mammal species is handled solely by the hospital staff / volunteers.

To apply, please visit our website: http://cawildlife.org/volunteer/internshipsexternshipspreceptorships/

Heather A. Henderson

Stranding Coordinator

California Wildlife Center

P.O. Box 2022

Malibu CA 90265

310-458-WILD (9453)

www.cawildlife.org<http://www.cawildlife.org/>

[medium CA_Wildlife_Center_Logo_Since_1998_CMYK500px]