[MARMAM] Marine Mammal Stranding/Rehabilitation Intern Opportunities
karen at northcoastmmc.org
Fri Dec 7 11:54:55 PST 2018
Marine Mammal Stranding/Rehabilitation Intern Opportunities
The Northcoast Marine Mammal Center is seeking applicants for several internships in marine mammal stranding response and rehabilitation. Interns will have the opportunity to participate in marine mammal rescues and releases as well as assist in all aspects of animal care, including but not limited to, animal intake, feed preparations, medical charting, wound care, medication administration, cleaning and other animal husbandry duties for on-site patients. Interns will also participate in special projects, events, fundraising programs, and administrative duties.
* Internships are 3-6 months, unpaid, and no housing is provided.
* Applicants will be living and working in Crescent City, CA.
* Spring term begins on March 4th. Start date may be flexible.
* Summer term begins on June 3rd. Start date may be flexible.
* Spring term (Harbor Seal Pupping Season) is the busiest and most "hands-on" term at NMMC.
* There are 3-4 internships available per term.
* Must be at least 19 years old.
* Must be enrolled or have graduated from an undergraduate or graduate program in a related field.
* Must be physically fit with the ability to lift 50lbs and walk long distances on the beach in adverse conditions such as extreme heat and cold, humidity, rain, and wind.
* Must be willing to work 5 days a week including evenings, weekends, and holidays.
* Must be self-motivated, articulate, mature, reliable, and responsible. Should work well independently as well as with a team.
* Must possess a valid driver's license.
* Must have experience with Microsoft Office; Word and Excel.
* If the intern intends to receive university credit for their internship, they are responsible for making all arrangements with their educational institution.
* This is an unpaid position with no housing provided. All interns are responsible for obtaining housing and transportation. A vehicle is preferred as public transportation is very limited and will not allow for participation in rescues which can occur on short notice.
To Apply: please include the following and submit via email to volunteer at northcoastmmc.org<mailto:volunteer at northcoastmmc.org>. Incomplete submissions will not be considered.
* A cover letter that includes the internship term of interest along with start date and preferred term length (3-month minimum).
* A current curriculum vitae/resume.
* Three letters of recommendation from individuals familiar with the applicant's academic/professional performance.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the MARMAM