[MARMAM] Living Seas Volunteer Positions 2019, Cardigan Bay Marine Wildlife Centre, New Quay, west Wales

CBMWC info at cbmwc.org
Wed Dec 5 03:15:23 PST 2018

The Cardigan Bay Marine Wildlife Centre (CBMWC)
<https://www.welshwildlife.org/visitor-centres/cardigan-bay-marine-wildlife-
centre/>  is looking for dedicated and enthusiastic volunteers to join our
Living Seas Team for the 2019 field season, to help with our marine mammal
research and awareness raising work.

The Cardigan Bay Marine Wildlife Centre is the Living Seas wing of the
Wildlife Trust of South and West Wales. Since 1996 we have been dedicated to
raising awareness of the local marine environment through research and
education. Using land and boat based surveys, photo-identification and
acoustic studies we collect data on marine megafauna, focusing on bottlenose
dolphins, harbour porpoises and Atlantic grey seals in the Cardigan Bay
Special Area of Conservation (SAC) and the wider Irish Sea. We operate a
busy visitor centre and also provide marine educational activities for
families, school and groups.

Volunteering with CBMWC is a unique opportunity for you to carry out marine
mammal research and to help inspire the public through our visitor centre
and community engagement events. You'll learn about the marine species of
Cardigan Bay and gain experience in field work, processing data,
environmental education, community engagement and much more!

The volunteer programme at CBMWC has received national recognition after
achieving the Investing in Volunteers Award (IiV), the UK's quality standard
for volunteer management. We provide a fantastic volunteer experience!

We have a number of volunteering roles available -

Living Seas Volunteers
<https://www.welshwildlife.org/visitor-centres/cardigan-bay-marine-wildlife-
centre/volunteer/livingseas-volunteers/>  -tasks include land and boat based
surveys, data entry, running our visitor centre, assisting with community
engagement events and beach cleans. Volunteer dates -

*	Block A - 25th March - 29th April (5 weeks)
*	Block B - 29th April - 3rd June (5 weeks)
*	Block C - 3rd June - 8th July - (8 weeks)
*	Block D - 8th July - 2nd September (8 weeks)
*	Block E - 2nd September - 4th November (9 weeks)

ShoreFin Volunteers
<https://www.welshwildlife.org/visitor-centres/cardigan-bay-marine-wildlife-
centre/volunteer/shorefin-volunteers/>  - tasks include photographing
bottlenose dolphins from land, photo-ID, analysing data and writing the
annual ShoreFin report.

We are looking for two ShoreFin volunteers for the period of 25th March -
5th July 2019 and another two volunteers for the period 1st July - 4th
November 2019.

SeaSeal Volunteer
<https://www.welshwildlife.org/visitor-centres/cardigan-bay-marine-wildlife-
centre/volunteer/seal-photo-id/>  - tasks include land based seal surveys,
photographing seals, photo-ID, analysing data and writing the annual SeaSeal
report.

We are looking for one SeaSeal volunteer for the period of 25th March - 5th
July 2019 and another volunteer for the period 1st July - 4th November 2019.

Visit
https://www.welshwildlife.org/visitor-centres/cardigan-bay-marine-wildlife-c
entre/volunteer/seasonal-volunteer-positions/ for further information on the
roles and how to apply.

Deadline for applications is 23:59pm on Sunday 6th January.

Contact - Laura Evans at volunteer at cbmwc.org or 01545 560224 for more
information.