[MARMAM] VP Animal Care Opportunity - New England Aquarium in Boston!

Laura Lundstedt llundstedt at neaq.org
Mon Dec 3 11:15:55 PST 2018

We have an exciting opportunity for a Vice President of Animal Care to join us and provide overall leadership for the Aquarium's husbandry and animal care programs (including Fishes and Birds, Mammals, Animal Health, Rescue and Rehabilitation, Husbandry and Sustainability, Environmental Quality, Life Support System Operations, and Diving Operations), and serve as an advocate for animal care across the Aquarium. This role includes developing a vision for ethical animal care within the context of the Aquarium's mission, overseeing collection planning and regulatory compliance, coordinating efforts across program areas, providing oversight for relevant departments, and providing thought leadership for the wider international animal care community. The VP reports to the COO.

The position requires 8 or more years of experience in staff and operations management at a senior level in a relevant organization with a minimum of 5 years hands-on and/or direct supervisory experience working with aquatic animals. A Bachelor's degree in marine sciences, biology, zoology or related fields is required, a Master's Degree in related field or Veterinary Degree is desirable.

It is an exciting time to consider joining New England Aquarium!  As a global conservation organization located on the historic waterfront in Boston, we work to inspire our audiences to become part of the movement to promote conservation solutions for healthier oceans through conservation science, engaging exhibits, educational programs and advocacy.  Vikki Spruill recently joined New England Aquarium as President and CEO. Vikki brings a wealth of national leadership experience both in philanthropy and marine conservation.  We now stand poised to begin a new era, to re-imagine the Aquarium of the future by combining our strengths as an iconic civic institution and community partner for social change and an organization committed to conservation science and advocacy.

For more information and to apply online please visit http://neaq.applicantpro.com/jobs/

New England Aquarium is committed to diversity in the workplace and is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer as defined by the EEOC.

Laura Lundstedt
Human Resources Manager
New England Aquarium
Central Wharf, Boston, MA 02110