[MARMAM] New ms Conservation Physiology

Alejandro Apolo Fernández Ajó afernandezajo at gmail.com
Wed Aug 29 08:39:54 PDT 2018

I would like to share with the marman community our article recently
published on Conservation Physiology journal. In this article I present our
first finding on lifetime GCs on baleen samples and it´s correlation with
intensity of gull wounding. I analyzed 2 SRW calves with non or minimum
number of gull inflicted lesions and 2 heavily attacked ones. I also
included the profile of a NARW calf dead acutely by ship-strike.

The results are amazing and very promising: calves with no or minimum gull
attack display very low GCS profiles whilst the GCs increase largely toward
their death for the ones heavily attacked.

Please, feel free to post the article if you find it of your interest.
Here are the links to the online article and the you can find also the PDF
attached:

Abstract:
https://academic.oup.com/conphys/article-abstract/doi/10.1093/conphys/coy045/5076881
Article (free access):