[MARMAM] Marine Research Internships - Auckland (May 2018 onwards)
cat at awads.co.nz
Fri Apr 27 17:05:51 PDT 2018
Marine Research Internships are available with Auckland Whale & Dolphin
Safari (www.whalewatchingauckland.com), New Zealand
Dates: Open year-round. Currently vacant full time (or 2x part-time)
positions for May-July/August 2018.
The voluntary internship is an excellent opportunity for aspiring
to gain fieldwork skills, on-water experience from a platform of opportunity
and public speaking experience within a successful commercial & research
operation. Research is composed of sightings data and photo-identification
data collection. Bad weather days are used for data processing and entry.
- Min. 3 months stay preferred with preference going to those who can
stay longer (full-time or part-time volunteer hours available dependent on
the number of successful applicants)
- Genuine interest, education and motivation in the field of Marine
Biology/Ecology and Conservation
- Preferable previous experience in marine mammal observation and data
- Experience in photo-ID desirable
- Due to the nature of fieldwork, must be reliable,
flexible, hardworking and patient
- Be able to work independently and within a small team
- Speak fluent English
- Be sociable, enthusiastic and have a positive attitude to get on well
with our small crew- Must be comfortable working on boats
Important: This is an unpaid, volunteer internship. Successful candidates
are responsible for all associated costs including travel, visa &
insurance, housing and food.
How to apply: Please send applications in an email titled Marine Research
Internship to Catherine Lea (cat at awads.co.nz) including your CV and a cover
letter detailing why you would like to volunteer for Auckland Whale &
Dolphin Safari, the dates you would be available and relevant experience.
Applications will be examined in order of reception.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the MARMAM