[MARMAM] Introductory distance sampling course on the web

Eric Rexstad er26 at st-andrews.ac.uk
Mon Apr 30 04:18:15 PDT 2018

If you have wanted to learn about distance sampling, but have not been
able to attend one of our workshops, those workshop materials are now
available online.

We have 21 videos of our lectures described by workshop instructors here
in St Andrews.  There are also PDFs of the lectures.  In addition, there
are 12 exercises, complete with description, data and discussion of
solutions.  There are narrated demonstrations of working with the
distance sampling software, Distance.

https://workshops.distancesampling.org/online-course/

We have plans for covering additional content by adding to the online
offering.  In future, there may also be live webinars working through
exercises and datasets.

We are anxious for you to try the course and provide feedback to us.  We
hope having these materials on line will promote best practices and
assist in management of wildlife populations around the world.

--
Eric Rexstad
Research Unit for Wildlife Population Assessment