[MARMAM] Job announcement: Postdoctoral Associate marine species distribution modeler

Jason Roberts jason.roberts at duke.edu
Mon Apr 16 09:52:01 PDT 2018

Dear colleagues,

We at the Marine Geospatial Ecology Lab (https://mgel.env.duke.edu/) at Duke University (Durham, North Carolina, USA) are seeking a skilled and highly motivated species distribution modeler to join our team as a Postdoctoral Associate.

We are a high collaborative research laboratory that specializes in developing and applying spatial analysis methods and technologies to research questions and management problems in the marine environment. The new team member will leverage knowledge and skills from a number of fields, including marine mammal ecology and biology, statistical modeling, oceanography, and scientific programming to model the density of marine mammals in the Atlantic Ocean, Mediterranean Sea, Gulf of Mexico, and/or the Arctic. The results of this research will further our understanding of species-environment relationships in these regions and be applied immediately to ongoing and upcoming U.S. protected species management actions.

This is a two-year position, with extension beyond that contingent upon evaluation and funding. Please see the attached file for a detailed job description and additional information. Please contact mgel-hiring at duke.edu to apply or ask any questions. We look forward to hearing from you!

With best regards from our director Pat Halpin and the rest of our team,

Jason Roberts