[MARMAM] Wild Dolphin Research Opportunities

Kelly Melillo Sweeting kmelillo at dolphincommunicationproject.org
Tue Apr 10 19:47:42 PDT 2018

The Dolphin Communication Project (DCP, www.dolphincommunicationproject.org) is currently seeking students for multiple programs during summer 2018. Position/Program details, with remaining spaces, are listed below.

DCP looks at how dolphins communicate and attempts to shed more light on the meaning of their interactions. With research ongoing since 1991, our questions focus primarily on communication and behavior among dolphins. Our Bimini, Bahamas research site is where we study wild Atlantic spotted and bottlenose dolphins, maintaining photo-ID catalogs with over 250 individuals. A full publication list is available on our website. All programs may qualify for academic credit, however it the student's responsibility to arrange this. DCP can provide a letter confirming participation and contact hours. Additional reading material and/or assignments can be assigned. All positions will remain open until filled, however we are eager to fill all remaining positions as soon as possible.

PROGRAM:
Short-Term Field Internship:
https://dolphincommunicationproject.org/index.php/the-latest-buzz/field-reports-new/item/95087-2017-short-field-experience-apply-now
Number of vacancies: 2
Dates: 22 May - 3 June
Location: Bimini, The Bahamas

PROGRAM:
Summer Internship:
https://dolphincommunicationproject.org/index.php/get-involved/internships
Number of vacancies: 1 (due to housing constrains, only female applicants will be considered)
Dates: 22 May - 27 July
Locations: 22 May - 22 June at Port Saint Lucie, FL office; 25 June - 27 July at Bimini, Bahamas field site

PROGRAM:
May Research Experience:
https://dolphincommunicationproject.org/index.php/get-involved/ecotours/bimini
Number of vacancies: 2
Dates: 26 May - 31 May
Location: Bimini, The Bahamas
Note: This is an un-catered program, but other details at link above are applicable.

PROGRAM:
August Research Experience:
https://dolphincommunicationproject.org/index.php/get-involved/ecotours/bimini
Number of vacancies: 6
Dates: 26 Aug - 31 August
Location: Bimini, The Bahamas

All questions can be directed to Kel Sweeting at kelly at dcpmail.org.

Cheers,
Kel

Kelly Melillo Sweeting, M.Sc.
Research Associate & Bimini Research Manager