[MARMAM] Volunteer required: Whale Heritage Sites Programme Assistant
dylan at worldcetaceanalliance.org
Tue Apr 10 04:17:22 PDT 2018
We would like to request applications for the role of Whale Heritage Sites
Programme Assistant (volunteer internship); 30 April – 29 June 2018.
An initiative of the World Cetacean Alliance, Whale Heritage Sites (WHS)
are aimed at increasing the protection and conservation of cetaceans and
their habitats while contributing to sustainable livelihoods, the arts,
science and education.
Whale Heritage Site status is granted to those places around the world
where cetaceans are celebrated through art, education, research and
cultural events; where sustainable practices and livelihoods are
continually improved to ensure the health of cetacean habitats and the
long-term economic health of human communities; and where respectful
coexistence with cetaceans is supported through law, policy and cooperation.
The person in this role will report directly to the CEO, receive in-situ
training, and work closely with colleagues at WCA Headquarters. The
internship will begin with a one week certified Responsible Whale Watching
Guides training course, which will provide training on responsible cetacean
tourism and marine education, both of which are key elements of the Whale
Heritage Sites initiative.
The role is available from 30 April – 29 June 2018, and will take place at
WCA Headquarters, Brighton, United Kingdom. The WCA is unable to cover
1. Build relationships, engage community stakeholders working to meet
the WHS criteria, and represent the WHS Programme.
2. Encourage and support collaborations between prospective WHS
stakeholders and experts and advisors from within and outside the World
3. Develop and provide resources to assist stakeholders in applicant
4. Further develop the charter of shortlisted sites.
5. Communicate progress across the WHS network through media and social
6. Work alongside WCA staff to set strategy and guide the programme.
7. Liaise with WCA staff to ensure coordinated planning, collaborative
work efforts, integrated programming and shared success towards agreed
1. Experience and knowledge of cetaceans and marine conservation issues.
2. Strong communication skills and ability to work as part of a
multidisciplinary team to advance the mission.
3. Highly organized and detail-oriented with a strong ability to
prioritize and deliver against responsibilities and duties.
4. Ability to thrive in a multi-tasking, high energy environment.
5. Ability to excite and engage stakeholders through meetings and
1. Degree or higher qualification in environmental / biological /
2. Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to multitask.
3. A proven track record of communicating with different audiences.
TO APPLY: Please send your C.V. and a cover letter to:
dylan at worldcetaceanalliance.org
Applications must be sent in electronic form no later than 20 April 2018.
For more information go to http://whaleheritagesites.org/
Chief Executive Officer
*World Cetacean Alliance *
*T *+44 (0)1273 355011 <+44%201273%20355011>* M *+44 (0)7900 471490
<+44%207900%20471490>* S *dylan.wca
*E *dylan at worldcetaceanalliance.org* W *worldcetaceanalliance.org
*W2 *whaleheritagesites.org *W3 *worldwhaleconference.org
*A *Studio 3, Lower Promenade, Madeira Drive, Brighton, BN2 1ET, UK
*The World Cetacean Alliance (WCA) is a Partnership of over 90 non-profit
organisations, whale and dolphin watching tour operators and individuals in
40 countries worldwide working collaboratively to protect cetaceans and
their habitats. World Cetacean Alliance, the Secretariat to the
Partnership, is a UK registered Charity no. 1160484. *
*The content of this e-mail is intended solely for the use of the
individual or entity to whom it is addressed. If you have received this
communication in error, be aware that forwarding it, copying it, or in any
way disclosing its content to any other person, is strictly prohibited. If
you have received this communication in error, please notify the author by
replying to this e-mail immediately.*
*Please consider the environment before printing this email or it's
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the MARMAM