[MARMAM] ABSTRACT DEADLINE EXTENDED - NWSSMM 2018 annual meeting

Barlow, Dawn Renee dawn.barlow at oregonstate.edu
Fri Apr 6 14:09:32 PDT 2018

Dear all,

We have extended the abstract submission deadline, and will now be accepting abstracts through Friday, April 20th!

The annual meeting of the Northwest Student Chapter of the Society for Marine Mammalogy (NWSSMM) will take place May 12-13, 2018. The chapter encompasses students who are based in Alaska, British Columbia, Washington, Oregon, and northern California, or who conduct research in these locations. We are excited to announce that this year's conference will be held at Oregon State University's Hatfield Marine Science Center in Newport, Oregon!

Saturday, May 12th will be filled with student oral and poster presentations, a philosopher's cafe where students can engage in discussions with established researchers in the field, and a group dinner. Sunday, May 13th we will have the option for students to participate in a necropsy (space limited) or take a tour of the Oregon Coast Aquarium (additional fee may apply).

Registration is now open! The cost for attendance is TBA (max $20), and will be due at the beginning of the conference. Please register using the following link: http://bit.ly/2nwpOGq

Abstract submissions will be accepted through Friday, April 20th. Guests (students or non-students) who are are not interested in presenting but would like to attend are still encouraged to register and join us for the conference! Registration will be accepted at any time, including the day of the meeting. However, please keep in mind that early registration is appreciated so that we can ensure everything runs as smoothly as possible.

We look forward to seeing you on the Oregon coast in May!

Dawn Barlow and Michelle Fournet
NWSSMM 2018 conference organizers
Facebook event: https://www.facebook.com/events/180826859347101/

Dawn Barlow
MSc Student and Graduate Research Assistant
Department of Fisheries and Wildlife, Marine Mammal Institute
Oregon State University, Hatfield Marine Science Center
Geospatial Ecology of Marine Megafauna Lab<https://mmi.oregonstate.edu/gemm-lab>
dawn.barlow at oregonstate.edu