[MARMAM] Recommendations and looking for tissues samples from sperm whales of Mediterranean sea for population genetics project

Biagio Violi violi.biagio at gmail.com
Tue Apr 3 07:42:20 PDT 2018

Dear marman members

I'm Biagio, a PhD-student in Marine Sciences at Genoa University (Italy).
My PhD project is focused on population genetics of sperm whales of
Mediterranean sea.
Thus, I'm looking for sperm whale tissue samples (*Skin* and/or
*muscle* *stored
in Ethanol or DMSO*) from stranded or free-ranging animals of Mediterranean
sea.

Please contact me if want more information and to be part of my project
sharing your samples with me, or send me any suggestion you have also on
people that could be interested in!!!!

Every kind of help is super welcome ;)

I'll be around at ECS in La Spezia next week in case you want to talk about
-  just send an email or a message on my phone number (whats app also).

Cheers,
Biagio

--
*PhD student in Marine Sciences*
Department of Earth, Environment and Life Sciences (DISTAV)

E-mail: violi.biagio at gmail.com
Mobile (whats app also): +39 340 5869904 <+39%20340%20586%209904>
Skype: biagio.violi

Marine biologist - Whale watching guide - Divemaster