[MARMAM] New paper

Felix Marx felix.marx at monash.edu
Wed Sep 27 01:26:58 PDT 2017

Dear colleagues,

please find below the link to our recently published paper on a
comprehensive framework of aquatic mammal feeding and its evolution,
published in reply to acommment by Kienle et al. (in the same issue).

In our reply, we show how exaptations and constraints have guided the
evolution of aquatic mammal feeding, provide details on the relevance of
semi-aquatic feeding, and propose a revised overview and classification of
capture behaviours.

Link: http://rspb.royalsocietypublishing.org/content/284/1863/20171836

Kind regards,

Felix Marx

*Felix G. Marx* PhD
Marie Skłodowska-Curie Postdoctoral Fellow
*Royal Belgian Institute of Natural Sciences, Brussels, Belgium
*Monash University, Melbourne, Australia
*Museum Victoria, Melbourne, Australia

Address: School of Biological Sciences, Monash University
18 Innovation Walk, VIC 3800, Australia
Tel. +61 (0)3 9905 1190 (Monash University) or +61 (0)3 8341 7346 (Museum
Victoria)