[MARMAM] Marine Mammal Husbandry Fellowship
volunteercoordinator at alaskasealife.org
Mon Oct 9 16:29:06 PDT 2017
The Alaska SeaLife Center is recruiting for a Marine Mammal Husbandry
Fellow. To view more information about our fellowship program and to
submit an application, go to http://www.alaskasealife.org/fellowships
*Marine Mammal Husbandry Fellowship*
*Position requirements: 30 hours per week in husbandry/10 hours per week
supporting front of house operation of ticketing and interpretation.*
The successful candidate will learn and gain experience in basic animal
care and husbandry techniques. The individual will assist in the daily care
and maintenance of the Center’s mammal collection and mammal exhibit[s].
Under guidance of Mammal Husbandry staff, the Fellow will be trained and
expected to perform the following duties:
· Make daily animal diets and perform routine cleaning of animal exhibits,
kitchen and work areas.
· Make daily observations and note the health and condition of the mammal
collection– noting changes in behavior and appearance.
· Participate in daily educational talks and/or tours.
· Gain knowledge and experience in techniques and application of animal
· Maintain written and computerized records.
· Develop good communication skills.
· Assist in pool cleanings and water quality testing.
· Assist the mammal staff in current research projects and data collection.
· Unload periodic deliveries of frozen food and maintain the freezer along
with other duties as assigned.
· Did we mention cleaning?
· General animal husbandry techniques and protocols.
· Work in an outdoor exhibit with moderate to strenuous
physical activity, lifting up to 50lbs.
· Must be able to handle extreme cold and wet weather
· Assist at the ticketing counter or with Interpretation
*Thank you, *
*Anna Pullins**Human Resources Specialist II/Volunteer Coordinator*
Alaska SeaLife Center
P.O. Box 1329 • 301 Railway Ave • Seward, AK 99664
Direct: (907) <%28907%29%20224-6307>224-6229 <%28907%29%20224-6371>
Fax: (907) 224-6371
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the MARMAM