[MARMAM] Announcement of the 2018 DCLDE Workshop in Paris, FRANCE

Olivier ADAM olivier.adam at upmc.fr
Sun Oct 15 08:57:46 PDT 2017

Dear All,

The 8th session of the International Workshop on Detection, Classification,
Localization, and Density Estimation of marine mammals using passive
acoustics (DCLDE Workhsop) will be held from 4 to 8 June 2018, in Paris,
FRANCE.

Scientific topics given by oral presentations and posters will be:

- detection of pulsed and harmonic sounds

- classification of diverse sounds including clicks, whisles and
vocalizations

- localization of marine mammals

- estimation of population density

- acoustic propagation models

- innovative engineering including new materials and tools

- big data analytics

- study of sound generator of marine mammals

- underwater soundscapes: description of environmental acoustics and sounds
from human activities

The important dates are:

Nov 1st, 2017: Opening of participant registration

Nov 1st, 2017: Opening of the data set for the Challenge

Feb 1st, 2018: Deadline for abstract submission

March 1st, 2018: Notification of abstract status (accepted or declined)

April 1st, 2018: Deadline for early registration

June 4th: 2 Thematic tutorial sessions: detection/classification, and
Density Estimation

June 5th, 6th, 7th and 8th: Oral presentations, posters, exhibitions

As part of this conference, we are also organizing a computer challenge
aimed at automatically detecting and classifying sound events describing
underwater acoustic landscapes. Please contact Prof. Hervé Glotin
(glotin at univ-tln.fr <mailto:glotin at univ-tln.fr> ) for any question.

Finally, for this new session of the DCLDE Workshop in Paris, we are happy
to welcome public and private companies to come and present their products
and services. Feel free to contact me directly (olivier.adam at upmc.fr
<mailto:olivier.adam at upmc.fr> ).

Please find all the information on our website:

http://sabiod.univ-tln.fr/DCLDE/

Hope to see you next year in Paris!

Olivier ADAM